Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Have you ever thought about becoming a vegetarian?

Have you ever stared down at your plate and contemplated the fact that the meat on it was once a living, breathing being?  Have you ever wanted to live a more compassionate life toward animals? Have you ever seen a documentary such as Food Inc. and turned away in disgust? Whether for moral, ethical, environmental or health reasons…


Have you ever thought to yourself, “I wish I could be a vegetarian?”

This sentence is one I hear from people repeatedly.  It is typically followed up by the clause, “…but it’s too hard.” I’m here to tell you that it’s not.

I have encountered many people curious about making the lifestyle change, many of whom have made steps in this direction. Going “veg” does not need to happen overnight. For some, it never fully comes to fruition. I have friends who have decided to simply cut out beef or decided that pork or poultry is not for them. These steps make a difference – to your health, your emotional well being, and your environment.

I also have friends and family members who are living veg lifestyles and are constantly questioning certain decisions: “Is it okay to eat seafood?” “Can I be a vegetarian and still wear leather?” “How do I know if my shampoo is vegan?”

This blog will examine all things veg – whether it’s how to take the steps toward vegetarianism, the best vegan establishments at which to dine, discussion on the environmental impacts of the meat industry or the best place to buy vegan shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment